Welcome to the website of Jason Parlour : Jason of All Trades (well, quite a few at least). It seems ‘Jack’ may well have been a previous life!
I’m passionate about learning through immersive experiences, and so I feel very lucky that there are so many things I’ve had the joy to learn about already.
Most recently, whilst running a small boutique hotel in Surrey, I realised I’d never sailed before (or even set foot on a sail boat), so to help learn, I signed up to a race, leaving literally the day after my hotel lease ended (1st Sept 2013), to sail 20,000 miles over 5 months, from London to Australia. This was through hurricane conditions, with three ocean crossings, even competing in the world famous Sydney-Hobart Race, on a small racing yacht, shared with up to 22 strangers!
More recently on returning to the UK, whilst doing other renovation works for a few weeks, I was involved in fitting 88 double glazed windows (because again this was something I’d never done before, and wanted to learn how .. which also happened to save about £5,000 in the process!)
And now in a few weeks I’ll be moving to NZ for about a year (on a very fortunate ‘unlimited work visa’), where I’ll be focusing just a few key areas;
- getting into the movie industry as a unit stills photographer,
- writing a series of books (and accompanying videos and audio books) to accompany previous training workshops I’ve been delivering in the corporate sector for about 10 years in a series of techniques by the name of minutes a day,
- pitching TV show ideas and ‘on-screen talent’ to production companies around the world,
- and continuing my work as a professional massage therapist through dial-a-massage.
- then in my spare time, I’m planning to find the best coffee shop in the wider area, and try to learn how to make the best cup of coffee as an artisan barista!
If you’d like to read a little more about me and my background, you might be interested in reading a bit of a random list of things I’ve previously been involved with on my biography page.